Sunday, February 1, 2015

W2SB Challenge #14: Do Something Different

Great January challenge - #ThanksSybrina!!  Hard to believe the holidays are more than a month past, and I'm starting to look forward to warmer weather.  For me, that means paying close attention to Punxsutawney Phil and his prediction for an early spring!!!  Hey, a girl can hope, can't she?

One of my favorite movies is Groundhog Day, where Phil (Bill Murray) experiences the same day over and over, until he learns a few life lessons and does the right things for the right reasons.  


Rita: Do you ever have Déjà vu?
Phil: Didn’t you just ask me that?

Do you ever feel like you're in a crafting rut? I tend to get into a rut in the winter time, doing the same things over and over.  I think it is time to mix things up a bit!

This month, we challenge you to do something different than your usual crafting style. If you usually make clean and simple projects, go fancy. If you tend to use a lot of layers, try a one layer card. If you use digital images, go old school and use stamps and ink. If you always make a card, try making a different kind of project.  

Link up your project by February 21, and describe what you’ve done differently.  Did you learn something?  Rediscover a forgotten technique?  Tell all!!!

PolkaDotRosie is our guest designer this month.  She was our merriest entrant for our December challenge - Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.  She is a woman after my own heart!!!  Look at all of her different elements!  Definately not CAS, her usual style!


http://polkadotrosie.blogspot.com/
Polka Dot Rosie

Penny was inspired to use some of that pretty designer paper that she tends to hoard.

Penny

Annie used her new airbrush system to try her hand at creating a different kind of background.
Annie
Bernadette made desk calendars for her Stamp Clubbers.
Bernadette
Greta decided to use alcohol inks to make some pretty paper. She then die cut her alcohol-inked paper to embellish her lovely card. 
Greta
Sybrina got a head start on craft show ornaments.
Sybrina

Finally, clean-and-simple me made a totally frou, frou card!

Bobbi
In honor of our Guest Designer PolkaDotRosie - our prize this month is a MFT set of POLKA DOT alphabet stamps!!! And, of course, our winning crafter will receive our W2SB Winner Badge and be invited to join us as a Guest I-Teamer for an upcoming challenge.





2 comments:

  1. Fantastic inspiration for this team. I'll get my mind in gear and see what I haven't done lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea if I can just get off this computer😜

    ReplyDelete