Friday, August 1, 2014

W2SB Challenge #8: From Darkness to Light

EEK!  I thought that summer just started, and here it is back to school time already!!!  Both of your W2SB hostesses are professionals in education and training.  Sybrina is a former high school math who now works on educational publications. I work in training, and substitute teach in our local schools. 

So, the words of Allan Bloom are a perfect choice for this month's inspiration: "Education is the movement from darkness to light."

I love all the directions you can go with these words: light to dark, evoking the ombre technique; contrast; the Sun; a light bulb, etc.  Let's see what our I-Team came up with for you!!

Kate from Katos Crafty Creations is our guest I-Teamer this month.  Don't you love how she highlighted the image with her die cut?!?

Kate - Guest I-Teamer

Penny made a great card for a teenager.  The "random" pink bling is perfectly placed!

Penny

Beautiful color wash, Sybrina!


http://cardsbysybrina.blogspot.com/
Sybrina

Ann's card has me singing ZZTop!

Ann

Bernadette wanted to show her support for the teachers in her kids' school district as the 2014-2015 school year begins. Love that fabulous ribbon treatment!

Bernadette

And here is my contribution, featuring paint chips arranged in an ombre pattern. 

Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment